The Shadow Lab studio located in Dublin created a crystallized Video mapping scenography for Vincent McMorrow’s “Look Out” video. The animation created for the video was runned by Modul8 and Mapped by MadMapper.
//CREDITS Director: Emma J Doyle Lighting Design: Conor Jacob Director of Photography: JJ Rolfe Animation/Mapping: Anthony Murphy
The beta version of MadMapper 1.7 (build 3732) is available for test to all madmapper Registered users from the madMapper yourspace page
1024 architecture and Garagecube are currently conducting a workshop at Darwin ecosystem- Bordeaux. 5 video artists from Bordeaux area joined this workshop to build a light installation for the digital week #SDBX4 . This art piece made out of 5x 3d digital clock characters will be installed on the front of the Bordeaux’s city hall from the 12th of september
Join the The first edition of the BAM festival in Liège -Belgium http://bamfestival.be/ – a digital Art festival over 4 days of Installations, performances, Live, workshops, conferences.
The festival will take place from the 30th of september – 3rd of October.
the programmation of this festival is amazing: CENC – L.S.D. – Refraction – 1024 Architecture – Nonotak – IF – Jacques André Dupont – Ronald Dagonnier – Mike Latona – VJ Jago – VJ Emiko – Fool Control – L.E.G. – Dominique Lombardo – Steve Buchanan – Thomas Tellier – Gyuri -
More info: http://www.bamfestival.be
MadMapper has been update to version 1.6.3 .
If you are a registered user you can download it from the yourspace page : http://www.madmapper.com/yourspace
or you can try the demo from the madmapper home page
+ New option in Preferences / Misc: you can choose to show/hide the surface names in the export (for inputs or outputs).
+ Added new blend mode: multiply
+ Added OSC color channel support
+ Added Disable HID Devices (PS3/PS4)
Improvements in ArtNet:
* Fixed Solved an issue when changing IP address while MM is running
* Fixed With unicast: the list of network devices gets updated as soon as you select the network interface in preferences
* Fixed With unicast: workaround for a problem in Enttec STORM software (sending IP 127.0.0.1)
* Fixed Reset ArtNet devices when “Reset to factory defaults”
* Fixed Solved a possible crash when entering an empty OSC address
* Fixed bug reported by Aktion: UVs not initialized correctly when recalling a preset where a surface UVs are outside the input rect (http://forum.garagecube.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=9047)
* Fixed Test pattern was always showing 800×600
* Fixed Solved Quartz boolean parameter assignment
* Fixed media pause button assignment
* Fixed Solved an issue when loading projects created with MM prior to 1.6 with preset or surfaces that have empty names
* Fixed Solved an issue when loading projects created with MM prior to 1.6 if multiple presets have the same name
* Fixed Solved a possible crash when changing preset from an assignment
* Fixed No need to restart the application when activating Syphon output
* Fixed Don’t try to open an Enttec Pro on a usb serial port if we failed once (solves issues with some hardware), retry only when opening preferences dialog
* Fixed Bug fix in Media Controller (two issues: possible crash when removing several pictures fastly / when undoing deletion of a media the control nodes were not coming back)
Registred Users can also access to the MadMapper 1.7.0 BETA version including, New embed madlines, lines in Fixtures , audio control, Leap motion .
Thanks to all madmapper users’s feedbacks MadMapper has been updated to version 1.6.2
Registred users can download the latest version from the yourspace page: http://www.madmapper.com/yourspace
Fix: Syphon activation/deactivation needed a restart
Fix: feedback was no more resetting the filters
Fix: Detect if we are using an intel card and if so use 0x10000 to convert for float to int within the shader. Otherwise use 0xFFFF as before.
Fix: Crash when reloading projects with surfaces with empty names
Fix: when reloading a file it was possible to select a projector while being on the surface tab
Fix: Subnet/universe should be ignored when using a Usb DMX output
Fix: Badly interaction between Surfaces, Fixtures and Syphon
Fix: Scanning for Enttec Pro devices on usb-serial ports could be problematic with some strange USB-serial hardware connected (only retry opening failed ports when opening preferences dialog)
Improvement: Added new setting in the preferences to be able to export the input/output without the surface names.
Improvement: Fixture params control (luminosity widget was not linked and increased slider count)
Chromatic Estudio, design this LED bars Madmapper controlled geodesic DJ Booth.
Alex Reche one of our talented MadMapper engineer made this amazing demo of MadMapper control with a Leap Motion Controller . This feature will come soon for everyone.