Alex Reche one of our talented MadMapper engineer made this amazing demo of MadMapper control with a Leap Motion Controller . This feature will come soon for everyone.
The Next Video Mapping Workshop for beginner with Kalma VJ will be on 13-June at KulturKollektiv – Leipzig – Germany
Learn the basics of video mapping with madmapper and modul8 workshop.
more info: http://kalmalab.com/#!mapping-workshop-with-madmapper-ww-leipzig/
facebook event https://www.facebook.com/events/791964127490043/
Hey If you couldn’t attend the mapping festival amazing workshops, you can join the next Interactive Mappathon workshop in June 27 – 29 at Reverse -Brooklyn, USA
Interactive Mappathon is a 3-day projection mapping marathon workshop , followed by an art installation exhibited at REVERSE and open to the public. this workshop is conducted by CHiKA and Bruno Kruse. You will learn to use MadMapper and Modul8
You can register or get more info at
Three Moons Augmented Painting installation is a symbolic interesting work created by the Berlin based Audiovisual Artist Jacques-André DUPONT for the B-Seite Jetzkultur . MadMapper was used to perform the visual Mapping.
MadMapper 1.6.1 has been released today. This version fixes minor issues with the OSC
Version 1.6.1 (build 3247)
* Fixed a few stability issues
* Fixed OSC channel can be edited manually (so you can program while no OSC controller is running)
* Fixed when linking a DH2G or TH2G to an output, reloading the project loosed the link
* Fixed some OSC messages were ignored by MadMapper
* Fixed Allow the creation of binary dmx fixtures (dmx value is either 0 or 1)
Registred users can download it from the yourspace page:
The Full release note is available at: http://www.madmapper.com/download/Release_Note_Madmapper_1_6_1.txt
GarageCube & 1024 Architecture are pleased to announce the final release of MadMapper 1.6.
- MAD_Controls: support for MIDI, OSC, DualShock 4 (PS4) and DualShock 3 (PS3) controller and Keyboard controls.
- Artnet Routing support
- Artnet Unicast
- JumboFrames on STORM24
- DMX Monitor
- Selection booleans
- Added ShowJockey USB device
- Added Enttec Usb Dmx Pro parameters (fps, break time) which can be set from application settings (it seems that hard coded settings are incompatible with some hardware)
- Added GRB, GBR, GRB16 & GBR16 pixel formats for dmx fixtures
- Added import of binary fixtures libraries
- Added manual edition of channels in the fixture editor
- Added MASK for projectors
- Added OSC channels dialog in help menu
- Added RangeWidget to edit the source and target ranges of the Control Node Mappings
- Added buttons for next frame/previous frame on the movie player
- Added: background image & mask image “reload button”
- Added movie infos: resolution, size, fps & codec
- Added shortcut to enable/disable snapping (Alt+S => enable/disable snapping)
8 X Showjockey scenografix SJ-RGBT-D60-D1< Adressable DMX RGB LED BARs (60pixels per meter)
StereoNoize a visual artist and Visual art Teacher From Tyumen – Russia, created this organic stage design and used MAD_Line to map the structure.
Hello MadMappers, Pier from 1024 Architecture played with next MAD_LINE which be unveiled at the next Mapping Festival
// WORKSHOPS 2014
Mapping Festival (Geneva) is pleased to announce for its 10th edition an array of workshops where participants will learn techniques, exchange ideas with the Modul8 & MadMapper creators, the wizards behind Syphon framework & VDMX, and many acclaimed international guests.
Check out the amazing workshops line up and register today, these are the last days!
Send an e-mail to workshops[at]mappingfestival.com
– in the message object, name the workshop you’d like to attend,
– join CV, references, videos, photos, everything that defines you and could be useful for us to know you better.
You will receive an answer within 7 days after the deadline.
3D LED FASHION
May 26 to 29
Conducted by the creators of MadMapper, Boris Edelstein (GarageCube) & François Wunschel (1024 architecture).
This workshop will offer a full range of practical applications on LED and video mapping using MadMapper, a software from GarageCube and 1024 architecture. Participants will design wearable LED costumes, unveiled at the end of the workshop.
Check the trailer here: vimeo.com/88342605
May 28 to 30
Conducted by CHiKA (US) in collaboration with Anton Marini (US), Tom Butterworth (UK) and David Lublin (US).
A workshop focused on learning projection mapping, aims to create a site specific installation through collaborative work.
GENERATIVE PHYSICAL STRUCTURE
May 23 to 25
Conducted by Laurent Novac (GarageCube programmer).
An exploration in the field of generative art and the use of physical principles for the generation of objects, both ‘implausible’ and ‘natural’.
May 24 to 28
Conducted by Mike Latona (BE).
Intended for video artists wishing to deepen their knowledge of actual mapping softwares, image creation and production of permanent installations.
MODUL8 – MODULES PROGRAMMING
May 22 to 24
Conducted by Andy Teasdale (UK) & Gaël Abegg (aka LUPIN) (FR).
For three days this workshop will offer a full range of tools for module programming using Modul8, a software from GarageCube.
May 25 to 28
Conducted by Adrien Boulanger (FR), Pierre Turlotte (FR) & Rochel Mancip (FR).
How to set up a scenography in the Zoo club. Participants will go through all stages, designing, building and operating the scenography.